Follow These 3 Steps To Keep Mosquito Bites At A Minimum This Summer
Mosquitoes can ruin a beautiful summer evening for us and even for our pets. While mosquitoes cannot be effectively controlled 100%, following the 3 steps below will help take back the night. With the West Nile and Zika viruses in the headlines, now is a perfect time to add mosquito control to your services. The Dengue virus, yellow fever, and encephalitis in humans, along with heartworms in dogs and the eastern equine encephalitis virus in horses, are other harmful diseases that mosquitoes transmit.
Remove Breeding Habitats
- Get rid of standing water (i.e. buckets, old tires, clogged gutters).
- Empty, change and/or use larvicides in the water of bird baths and rain barrels.
- Keep swimming pool water treated and circulating.
- Ultra low volume sprays, covering vegetation on the whole property using a mist blower, can last up to 30 days.
Use Preventative Measures
- Apply repellents containing DEET.
- Wear long sleeve shirts and pants.
- Wear shoes and socks.
- Avoid being outside at dusk and dawn (prime mosquito activity).
- Check window and door screens for holes.
As always, for additional help or information, please contact your ATS sales rep.