30 60 90
A wise person recently asked me for my 30-60-90 day plan. Confused, I mistakenly thought of aged accounts; that was not what he was talking about. In my situation, 30-60-90 relates to planning as a salesperson, but regardless of your profession, the philosophy applies to all. The bottom line is good planning, from 30, 60, and 90 days out.
As a new year approaches, we all want the same thing, satisfaction in what we have accomplished and a plan for how we can improve the next year. That is where the 30-60-90 day plan comes in. First, we reflect. What have we accomplished this last year and have we learned anything new? What worked and what did not? Were we efficient? Next, we begin budgeting and planning ahead for the next 30 days out, 60 days out, and our 90-day plan.
• What are our immediate needs, and what are our needs for those days ahead?
• Should we be getting equipment ready for a new year or buying new equipment?
• What about our fertilizer and chemical needs?
• Do we have the products that our customers are going to need?
• How can we take advantage of Early Order programs, and do we understand the savings offered and terms?
• What personal goals are we all trying to accomplish?
• What relationships are we trying to improve and how are we going to do that?
These are the questions we have to stop and re-evaluate. Write down your 30-60-90 day plan, and look at it every day. For me personally going into this next year, I will have a 30-60-90 day plan and try to be proactive for my customers and build on that approach.
I hope this has made you stop and think. Make a plan. Make a difference. Do what you love and you will not work a day in your life. We at ATS want to leave our mark on this world in a positive way. Let us know how we can help you in the new upcoming year.
ATS Sales Representative